Skip to content
- FDA seeks permanent injunctions against two stem cell clinics. https://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm607257.htm Accessed on: September 11, 2018
- Department of Justice Files Complaints Against Florida and California Companies to Stop Use of Experimental Stem Cell Drugs on Patients. https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/department-justice-files-complaints-against-florida-and-california-companies-stop-use Accessed on: September 11, 2018
- Somoza RA, Welter JF, Correa D, Caplan AI. Chondrogenic Differentiation of Mesenchymal Stem Cells: Challenges and Unfulfilled Expectations Tissue Eng Part B Rev. 2014 Dec 1; 20(6): 596–608
- Zuk, Patricia A., et al. “Human adipose tissue is a source of multipotent stem cells.” Molecular biology of the cell 13.12 (2002): 4279-4295.
- Zuk, Patricia A., et al. “Multilineage cells from human adipose tissue: implications for cell-based therapies.” Tissue engineering7.2 (2001): 211-228.
- Strem, Brian M., et al. “Multipotential differentiation of adipose tissue-derived stem cells.” The Keio journal of medicine 54.3 (2005): 132-141.
- Caplan A: 2013: Mesenchymal stem cells environmentally responsive therapeutics for regenerative medicine.Experimental & Molecular medicine. 45(11):e54.
- Beane, Olivia S., et al. “Impact of aging on the regenerative properties of bone marrow-, muscle-, and adipose-derived mesenchymal stem/stromal cells.” PloS one 9.12 (2014): e115963.
- Stolzing, Alexandra, et al. “Age-related changes in human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells: consequences for cell therapies.” Mechanisms of ageing and development 129.3 (2008): 163-173.
- Kern, Susanne, et al. “Comparative analysis of mesenchymal stem cells from bone marrow, umbilical cord blood, or adipose tissue.” Stem cells 24.5 (2006): 1294-1301
- Crisan, Mihaela, et al. “A perivascular origin for mesenchymal stem cells in multiple human organs.” Cell stem cell 3.3 (2008): 301-313.
- Caplan, A. I. “Why are MSCs therapeutic? New data: new insight.” The Journal of pathology 217.2 (2009): 318-324.
- da Silva Meirelles, Lindolfo, et al. “Mechanisms involved in the therapeutic properties of mesenchymal stem cells.” Cytokine & growth factor reviews 20.5-6 (2009): 419-427.
- Bianchi, Francesca, et al. “A new nonenzymatic method and device to obtain a fat tissue derivative highly enriched in pericyte-like elements by mild mechanical forces from human lipoaspirates.” Cell transplantation 22.11 (2013): 2063-2077.
- da Silva Meirelles, Lindolfo, Arnold I. Caplan, and Nance Beyer Nardi. “In search of the in vivo identity of mesenchymal stem cells.” Stem cells 26.9 (2008): 2287-2299.
- Bosetti et al. Human lipoaspirate as Autologous Injectable Active Scaffold for One-Step Repair of Cartilage Defects. Cell Transplant. 2016: 25: 1043-1056