LIPOGEMS was awarded Best New Technology in Sports Medicine in 2016 by Top Sports Medicine Physicians from leading institutions in the United States.
To win this award, the technology was scored by leading sports medicine physician judges and they evaluated the technology using the following criteria:
- Be creative and innovative
- Have long term significance to the problem of treating an injured athlete; does this technology have staying power?
- Solve a clinical problem; to what extent does this technology solve a current clinical problem or problem that is solved inadequately today?
- Have the potential to improve standard of care
- Be cost effective
- Be a technology that the judges would use personally